Monday, June 27, 2011

Logo Design-extension request granted for this

I felt that creating my own logo was an interesting way to help understand firsthand the creative graphic design process. I immediately knew I would want to draw something girly and brightly colored. I also love tiger lilies, so I incorporated that into the logo. Then, I figured since it was for me and representing me, I should put my initials in the logo, but not in an obvious way. In the center of the flower, i first drew a tiny "D", then I drew a larger "R" sort of on top of the "D". Then, I drew a sideways "H" that strikes through the first two letters. The most important discovery I made in creating the logo was that it isn't just a one shot deal. You need to think, create, re-do, and re-create until you are happy with the final product.The most important information I learned from the videos and information used for this project was how much attention to detail is given when creating logos. It seems like every little color, line, symbol, etc. has a particular purpose. It makes sense, because companies count in such things to make them money! My opinion of the videos is that they were very informative and gave a really nice "behind the scenes" kind of look into a graphic designer's work and mind.






 I hope you enjoy the pictures of my sketches and final logo design!

No comments:

Post a Comment